Friday, April 27, 2007

Greetings from Helena - site of the 2007 Montana Library Association conference

Things are beginning to wind down here. The exhibitors have packed up and moved their tables of goodies out. They've treated us all very well and were, as always, a welcome addition to the conference. We are looking forward to the membership dinner tonight and the presentations by Neil Gaiman tomorrow. There are still tickets available if you want to jump in your car tomorrow morning for a day in Helena with a public lecture and book signing at 2:30 p.m. at the Red Lion by Mr. Sandman himself. This will most likely be a once in a lifetime opportunity and you can be sure is worth the $20 ticket.
I went to numerous sessions today, all excellent. Tomorrow morning I'll be going to a session on graphic novels (fat comic books) that will be led by the YA librarian from Miles City who came to the Cates Scholarship party last night dressed as Death from Sandman. Silly me, I thought she was just Goth. She is really a scream and I'm looking forward to her talk.
It's all be fun, educational, exhausting, and great. Looking forward to coming home and sleeping in my own bed.

No comments: