Thursday, April 26, 2007

Greetings from Helena - site of the 2007 Montana Library Association conference

Yesterday's MLA board meeting had several high spots, reports on the legislature, highlights from the conference planners, etc. I think that the two most exciting moments were when we entered the room to sit at our places and found there our very own Nancy Pearl (she's a librarian) action figure dolls as gifts from the outgoing MLA president and when we got to preview the Book Babes of Montana calendar featuring librarians from around the state, male and female, that will be going on sale today. One of our group bought 15 of the calendars as Christmas gifts right off the bat. They are amazing, well done, and are truly a unique item. This morning all of the models for the calendar will be available for signing calendars at the official unveiling.
Today I am looking forward to the new member breakfast first thing, not the only reason I'm up so early, and the genealogy workshop later today. Tonight I will attend my first ever Cates Trivia event. Our director says I have to be on the trivia team for our library. I hope my brain cooperates.
Still having fun in Helena! No, really I am!

No comments: