Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Save More Than Using Geico!!

I saved approximately $150.93 this weekend just by using my library card!!

Last Friday I pulled my library card from my wallet and went 'shopping' among the bookshelves and Entertainment Central to stock up for the long weekend. For fun I tallied up the retail prices of the items I took home. While it's no secret that a library card can save you a lot of cash, I was surprised to see just how quickly the savings can add up! Here is a brief list of what I checked out (including library call numbers) and how much I would have paid had I purchased these items:

Various feature films & documentaries approx: $60

MTV Roadtrips U.S.A $21.99
This unique travel guide includes suggested playlists to listen to as you hit the road.
[917.3049 MTV]

Eccentric America: the Bradt guide to all that's weird and wacky in the USA $18.95
You may be happy to know that Montana is represented in the festival section with the good 'ole Testy-Fest. [917.3049 FRIEDMA]

Physics of the Impossible by Michio Kaku $45
I am fascinated by technology but not scientifically minded. Physics rock-star Kaku has written this book for the layman and features lots of references to popular science-fiction that has or may become science-fact. MPL owns the hardcover edition of this title, but I downloaded the audio book version via www.montanalibrary2go.org

Spin Magazine $4.99/issue
You may have guessed from the travel guide titles above that I have a bit of wanderlust. A friend and I are planning a roadtrip and we need some new tunes to keep us company on our journey. This music magazine has lots of recommendations to keep our ears humming.
[Y MAGAZINES]


How much did you save by using your library card?? Add it up and tell us by posting a comment.

Just another cool thing you can do with your library card. Missoula Public Library wants you to Think...MORE! September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month

No comments: