Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Fun Book Challenge!

This is so fun, I’m sharing it with you! I found this @ http://www.bostonbibliophile.com/2009/07/abc-book-meme.html


I’ve changed the instructions a bit, just to ease us all into it:
For this challenge, you list a favorite book that starts with each letter of the alphabet. If you don't have a book for a letter (such as Z or X) than you can substitute a favorite book that simply has that letter in the title (i.e. The Lost City of Z or Hot Six by Janet Evanovich). However, you can only do this a maximum of 3 times. (Z, X, and Q, but not Z, X, Q, and V.) Fellow blogger, Bryan, added the rule that articles at the front of books (The, A, An) don’t count and it is the next letter that truly counts, so The Stand is an S book and A Medicine for Melancholy is an M book, etc.
Let’s start with FICTION books!
Sound like fun? It is, but it’s more difficult than you'd think. I started with some of my favorites (choosing is the hard part) and look where I’m stuck:


Abundance
Bloody Mary
Charlotte’s Web
Dante Club
Elephant Man
Fifth of March: Story of the Boston Massacre
Gone for Good
He Sees You When You’re Sleeping
Inside Out
Jack and Jill
Killing Ground
Last Dickens
My Antonia
New Moon
October Horse, A Novel of Caesar and Cleopatra
Poe’s Shadow
Q
Redwall
Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas
Twilight
Uncle Tom’s Cabin
Violets are Blue
Winter Rose
X
Y
Z
Leave your lists in our comments or post your answers on your blog and include the url to it. Let’s see who can finish first!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this DOES sound like a fun challenge. I've already started my list, of course I'm not quite as far along as you are... yet.