Friday, January 1, 2010

I Resolve To...


Happy New Year everyone. The stroke of midnight means it's time to sing that New Year Classic "Auld Lang Syne." A little research tells me this is a Scottish song translating to "times gone by." You can enjoy a few different renditions of this classic New Year song online with our Smithsonian Global Sound subscription.


Of course, the New Year isn't just a time to look back, but a time to make plans for the year ahead. I have no idea what my New Year's resolution should be. I see too many possibilities every time I walk through the library. Should I resolve to keep up on the world better with our collection of newspapers and magazines? Or I could resolve to watch a foreign film each month (an easy task if you come to World Wide Cinema). How about resolving to revisit some of my favorite childhood books?


Choosing a resolution is serious business. It can determine the course of your entire new year! Luckily, I found some help on ehow.com. According to them, there are some very simple factors to keep in mind - make your resolution realistic, be specific, break a large goal into smaller ones.


So what's your New Year's resolution? I'm looking for suggestions - something creative & fun. Send in your ideas by adding a comment here.


No comments: