Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Favorite Titles of 2009

It's time to take a look back and see what we read in 2009 - and "we" means everybody reading this!

What was good? What wasn't? Did you discover a new author? Break into a different genre? See what our staff has been reading on our Shelfari page if you're a member, or stop by our Staff Picks & Recommended Reads shelf here at the library.

Personally, I read a crazy amount of Young Adult books this year. My reflection? YA is full of series these days - everything is either already part of a series or the start of a new one. This makes it easy to keep reading - when you find a story you like, there will be more - but super frustrating when you're waiting for the next book (like I'm waiting anxiously for the third in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins - not expected until next fall, yikes!).

So help me keep my sanity while I'm waiting. What have you read in 2009 that you think was a 'don't miss'?

2 comments:

Ben Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben Miller said...

Books that came out this year that I liked:

Stephen King - Under the Dome
Stieg Larsson - The Girl Who Played With Fire
Cory Doctorow - Makers (I'm 3/4 of the way done).

A book I read for the first time this year and loved was:

John Steinbeck - Tortilla Flat