Thursday, October 25, 2007

Halloween is almost here!

Can you believe that Halloween is less than a week away?! I'm not even close to ready yet - I still have decorations to put up for the party, cupcakes to bake, costumes to make... Well, maybe you've got it all together already at your house, but if the thought of the impending holiday fills you with low-level panic like it does for me, let me throw you a lifeline:



We have some great Halloween books here at the Missoula Public Library!



Of course, many of them have already crossed the counter and gone home with intrepid folks who aren't as bad about procrastinating as I am, but don't despair. As of the time of this post, here are just a few of many that still grace the shelves awaiting last-minute planners like myself:



So don't be shy about coming down and grabbing one at the last minute. And if the person who checks it out to you has a sympathetic smile, it's probably me. In fact, I think I'll take one home with me tonight. Or maybe I'll wait until tomorrow...

While you're here, don't miss out on our ever-popular "Not-So-Scary Stories Told in the Light", a Halloween tradition here at the library. These will take place on Saturday, October 27th at 11:00am and Monday, October 29th at 7:00pm. Karen, our children's librarian, will be presenting a Day of the Dead-themed storytime called "Dem Bones" on Friday, November 2nd at 10:30am and Saturday, November 3rd at 11:00am.

No comments: