Thursday, May 3, 2007

Love is in the air....


For many of us, love and books go hand-in-hand. Reading a good book inspires a feeling in us that is difficult to put into words. But for some, those amorous feelings are transferred from the information object to the information provider. And so I was inspired to compose this list of:

Top Ten Pick-up Lines Overheard in a Library

  1. Can you tell me where I can find books on overcoming a deeply passionate love I have for a librarian?

  2. Libraries should allow food in the building, because right now I could just eat you up.

  3. I know what I need to access the Internet, but what do I need to access your heart?

  4. What book would you recommend to help me sweep you off your feet?

  5. Can you settle a bet? My friend says librarians have no life, but I say they're wild beasts. Can I take you out to dinner and prove my friend wrong?

  6. You must have been burning books, because you're looking hot.

  7. I’ve put my heart on Reserve... for you.

  8. You know, when you leave the library, the guard will ask why you’ve stolen my heart.

  9. I’m checking you out; can I get your call number?

  10. Do you have any overdue library books? 'Cause you've got the word "fine" written all over.

Douglas, S. (2005, February 15). Corny library pickup lines and how librarians effectively shoot them down. Retrieved April 30, 2007, from McSweeney's Internet Tendency: Dispatches from a Public Librarian Web site: http://www.mcsweeneys.net/links/librarian/14pickuplines.html

Holmes, L.A. (2000). Liz Amini Holmes. Retrieved May 3, 2007, from NORCA Web site: http://www.scbwinorca.org/bios/onlinegallery/futurefeature/love%20books.jpg

Kelly, M.A. (2006, May 18). 15 Lamont pick-up lines. Retrieved April 30, 2007, from The Harvard Crimson: Magazine Web site: http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=513526

Passion: Pick-up lines by the Signs. Retrieved April 30, 2007, from Astrology.com Web site: http://love.astrology.com/pickuplines.html

No comments: