Wednesday, May 2, 2007

If we only had a....


library cat...a library dog...a library rabbit?

My dream (okay, ONE of my dreams) is to have a furry friend to work with every day. I would promise to be a wonderful person, coworker, boss - you name it - every single day, if only our library had a cat.

My first choice is a dog, but I'm sensitive to the fact that more staff members like cats than dogs. I'm even willing to donate my own cat, Denali. (see above - ain't he handsome?)

There are the obvious logistical challenges and a couple of allergic staff members. I'm willing to pay for their allergy medicine. I'll change the litter box. Remember, I'm a wonderful person now.

Never hurts to dream....

1 comment:

Ludwig's Drivers said...

I think you might be crazy if you think there are more cat people than dog people working in the library. Or maybe the dog people are just more inclined to talk about their doggies than are cat people about their kitties. (Cat people are more confident, after all; that's why we have cats and not dogs.)
Should we do a head count?