Friday, November 27, 2009

Taking Time to Read?

There's no doubt about it ~ this is a busy weekend. Yesterday, most of us filled ourselves with way too much food and today we shopped till we dropped. Some of us will display our holiday decorations tomorrow and some of us will be at Missoula Library! (yes, we open at 10:00 on Saturday) During all of this activity, are you taking the time to read?



Let us know in the comments section below what you enjoyed the most this weekend. I looked at my ever-growing TBR (to-be-read) pile and started, "The Archivist" by Martha Cooley. [Call # is: COOLEY] Has anyone read this? It looks like an enormous undertaking, but I'm already enjoying Mathias, the protagonist. Mathias Lane is a 65 year old widower who is the archivist at an unnamed university where he is in charge of the T.S. Eliot collection of letters written to Emily Hale. I'm wondering if I will be able to "keep up" since I lack complete literary knowledge of T.S. Eliot. In any event, I've started it and hope that if you've read it, you will let me know if it remains captivating throughout. Or, should I tackle the next book on my pile, "9 Dragons" by Michael Connelly? [Call # is: CONNELL]

No comments: