Thursday, August 6, 2009

What I did today

Checked in books? Worked in Web Alley? Shelved carts? Not today. Maybe on any other day, but today I was at the Pacific Northwest Library Association (PNLA) Conference. In some exotic locale on a sun-drenched beach? Not at all, actually. Right here in our own fair city, mere blocks from Missoula Public Library itself. How convenient is that?

And what is this PNLA thing all about anyway? Well, it's a chance for library staff to improve themselves by taking classes in all sorts of things from cutting edge technology to forums on radical new ideas in library management. It's enough to fairly take a librarian's breath away, I tell you. Myself, I was bombarded with a whirlwind of information on Website management and the use of Flickr in collection development, which I hope to put into use in the near future.

Was it fun? Oh, yeah! In fact, it was so much fun that I think I'll go back tomorrow and do it again. Stay tuned for an update...

No comments: