Friday, August 7, 2009

I did it again and it was fun

Here is that update I promised you yesterday about my adventures at PNLA. This morning I went to a great session covering recent award-winning books written in or on the Pacific Northwest. Here are just a few of the titles that we discussed and heard excerpts from, along with their call numbers so that you can check them out for yourself if you like:

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Dicamillo (J DICAMIL)

My One Hundred Adventures by Polly Horvath (J HORVATH)

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer (Y PFEFFER
)

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (Y BOYNE) (also on DVD)

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie (Y ALEXIE)

The Art of Racing in the Rain
by Garth Stein (STEIN)

Full-Court Quest: The Girls From Fort Shaw Indian School Basketball Champions of the World by Linda Peavy and Ursula Smith (796.323 PEAVY)


There are many more I could mention, but it's time for me to go back and attend my afternoon classes now. Tales of a Roving Librarian awaits my arrival. Come check out these books, if you get to them before I do, that is...

No comments: