Wednesday, April 16, 2008

MLA Wrap Up

I swear I didn't forget about you all, but coming back to work after almost a whole week off at the conference left a lot of catching up to do. There were so many great exhibits and presentations this year, but I'll spare you all the details. For me the highlights were spending my birthday at the local Great Falls institution: the Sip 'n' Dip with fellow librarians (wait, since we were in a bar, does that make us hipster librarians?):



and my fellow geek here at MPL, Jim's presentation on physics and scaring young kids.



You'll notice I did not include playing at the dinner with the band, because that was a tad bit awkward since I'm used to playing original music that I've practiced, not improv covers of songs I've never heard of. But I think it still turned out ok. Kudos to the Montana Library Association and the city of Great Falls for a more than decent conference.

1 comment:

Marje said...

Really, I just wanted them to play Happy Birthday to him!!