Friday, August 24, 2007

Saying goodbye





well, as many of you know from a previous blog, I am leaving Missoula Public Library. Today is my last day, and in fact, I am now into my last half hour here.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone how much I have enjoyed working at this library. Our public is wonderful, and I have gotten to know so many of you through Tiny Tales and the fifth grade art program. I might not always remember names, but I do remember helping each and everyone. Saying goodbye to the young people is the most difficult thing, I have watched many of the little ones take their first steps. Then there are the teenagers that hang out here. What can I say about you? Except that I will miss you, and I loved the questions you came up with for me. I will miss hosting the Murder Mystery program every year, that has always been so much fun.

Today, as part of my last day, we had a Sidewalk Art program, where anyone that wanted to could draw on the sidewalk and enjoy some watermelon (and boy, was that watermelon sweet and juicy - YUM).

I will close with all the pictures I took today, and you can see how much fun we had. Thank you to everyone that participated, and a special thank you to my volunteers Ruth and Heidi. (Speaking of volunteers, I did not get a chance to thank each of my volunteers, nor to tell them how much they have meant to me. So Stephan, Heidi, J.J. and anyone else I may have missed, it has been a great pleasure getting to know you and having you help out. The work you do for us is so important, and such a huge help!)

ok, now on to the pictures:


No comments: