Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Librarian Power!

Do you know who Nancy Pearl is? In addition to being the author of several books about reading, (Book Lust, Book Crush, and more) and she is famous for being the model for the librarian action figure. Please tell me you know about the librarian action figure!! You can get it locally at Rockin’ Rudy’s. Anyway-she attended our annual library conference last month in Helena and we all got to hang out with her. She is a very entertaining person and can talk about books all day and night long. In fact, she was the entertainment for an ocean cruise last year! So, I had my picture taken with her because it just so happens I invented my own action figure. I’m sorry to say it is a one-of-a-kind collectible and not for sale. But I will show it to you if you ask. So in these pictures Nancy is holding her action figure and I’m holding mine. Too fun!




Submitted by Karen the Librarian:
Children’s Librarian and action figure model

No comments: