Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Montana Library Association conference 2009

Greetings from lovely Kalispell MT, site of this year's annual MLA http://www.mtlib.org/ conference. The library director, Honore Bray, and I arrived late yesterday evening so that she could be up bright and early to introduce this morning's pre-conference speaker. I, on the other hand, after getting up early to work out and blog will soon be heading out to help with conference check-in and to read board reports in preparation for the MLA board meeting which will be followed by a meeting of the AskMontana virtual reference team. The conference gives us an opportunity to meet face-to-face with our colleagues from across the state to share ideas, war stories, and to have a little fun.
This year it will be my pleasure to introduce the winner of the Librarian of the Year award at the annual awards luncheon on Thursday. This year's recipient will be MPL's reference librarian, Vaun Stevens and I am delighted to be able to honor her service to the Missoula community and to Montana. However I will not post a picture of her lest she run me through the wringer. More from the conference tomorrow...

No comments: