Thursday, July 12, 2007

My excitement is getting the better of me....


I'm not ashamed to admit it. I can barely contain my excitement for the seventh and final book in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Only 9 more days!!!

My love for all things Hogwarts started off slowly, I'll admit. While living in Japan, I was desperate for any book I could get my hands on that was in English. Up until then, I had no desire to read a silly children's book about a bunch of kids playing magic, but after reading Books 1 (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in Japan)) and 2 (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), J.K. Rowling's witty writing, suspenseful story lines, and attention to detail had me hooked. I've been addicted ever since.

With the advent of each new book in the series, I have reread the earlier books so that I could be prepared and have the story fresh in my head. It's astonishing the indicators and foreshadowing you can pick up when rereading these books! I love it!!!

Now I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to Harry Potter trivia, but I was blown away when I tried some of the online quizzes. Check out this site to test your Harry Potter knowledge!

In preparation for the final edition of the Harry Potter series at midnight on July 21st, MPL is presenting a Harry Potter movie marathon Friday, July 20th.

  • 11:30 a.m. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
  • 2:30 p.m. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • 7:00 p.m. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • 9:30 p.m. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

The movies will end just before midnight, so everyone can then head to their favorite bookstore to pick up a copy of the latest and last installment of this historic series.

No comments: