Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Maybe it won't be so bad after all

Change is aways hard and going through the changes, with all the chaos that brings can be even harder. That being said, I will be glad when the changes are all in place and there is a little less chaos. As for now I must say that although my initial reaction to the color scheme of red, navy and pumpkin was less than positive, having had a sneak peek at the Young Adult area I have been pleasantly surprised with the look... bold but comfortable on the eyes (at least mine). I tend to like nature colors and while no colors are going to please everyone, I like the way these look together.
The space designers that have been working with us on this project hve been very professional and I am looking forward to the "final product" as well as some of the not-so-physical changes that will be made. Some in particular will be the time dedicated to checking with folks in the stacks to see if they need help rather than making them come to the desks, self checkout which will increase privacy for patrons, and the "grab-and-go" section which will include best sellers that will be available right near the front for those that want a good book but are limited in time to spend in the library.

No comments: