Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Libraries are for cowards...

In a recent interview with EW.com, Stephen Colbert, host of nightly"news" program on Comedy Central called The Colbert Report, discussed his new book I am America (and So Can You!).

If you are eagerly awaiting the October release of this humorous and satirical book, the following exchange from the interview will just give you one more reason to get your name on the hold list:

"So if I too wanted to become America…
I would read this book.

This is the book for me.
Actually, I'd buy it first. And then I'd read it. No libraries, okay? Libraries are for cowards. No free rides. The book is for heroes, and the heroes are the people who buy the book. Don't lend the book."

(source: EW.com Birth of a Colbert Nation by Whitney Pastorek)

No comments: