Friday, April 2, 2010

Word Woman


Welcome to another exciting episode of Word Woman's Weekly Work-Out! This week's word comes to us courtesy of my co-worker, who used it during the course of a conversation about the writings of Mark Twain this afternoon. Speaking of which, I'd like to thank my co-workers for making my job easier by providing me with so many good words. Now, here's the Word of the Week:

Unexpurgated: [adj.] (of a book, text, etc.) not amended or censored by removing potentially offensive material -- Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 6th Edition 2003. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

unexpurgated

Example: When Jim's mother read the unexpurgated version of his activities in Las Vegas during Spring Break, which he posted on Facebook, she went through the roof.

1 comment:

whc03grady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.